Friday, February 18, 2011

Welcome to English Epochs 101!

Welcome to readers and authors! The purposes of this blog are twofold.

First, I want to write on the fascinating topics of times past in English history. Personally, I am intrigued by the class differences and how widely even the lower class accepted the situation and stayed in their place, as if it were a duty! Deference in times past made for a very interesting theme for my novels. Each post I write will discuss some aspect of life in the Elizabethan, Empire, Regency, Victorian and Edwardian times. Please feel free to add to each discussion! I want to learn from you, too. If your publications apply in some way, you may mention the titles in your comments, and briefly discuss them. At times I will invite an author to give a write up about his/her book, and I will create a post just for that subject. I reserve the right to delete any inappropriate posts or unrelated genre.

Secondly, authors are welcome to request that I link to their Amazon offerings in this genre, and if appropriate, I will do so.

Please recommend your favorite books and movies. There may be one I missed!

Thank you for coming today, and watch for my Tweets regarding new posts. @kescah.

No comments: